This role is now filled
Sales Office Manager – Steeton, West Yorkshire
Since 1983, Specialist Ducting Supplies Ltd, has served industry with durable flexible ducting, hose and fittings for the movement of air, dust, fumes and materials.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our team based in Steeton, West Yorkshire, in the position of Sales Office Manager.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will be responsible for supervising and maintaining the smooth running of the internal sales team and managing all the activities associated with it. This includes dealing with both customer service and sales staff whilst providing support to the Sales Manager.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a person with the right skillsets and attitude to work within a challenging and dynamic business environment.
Some of the prerequisite skills required would encompass:
- Being proactive in managing a small sales team in in order to provide high levels of customer service whilst continuing to achieve sales in line with forecasts.
- Involved in the day to day sales and management of key accounts – including identifying new sales opportunities and price negotiations.
- Building on existing customer relationships and developing new ones.
- Ensuring that sales and customer queries are dealt with promptly and in an efficient manner.
- Ensuring that the internal sales staff provide the required support to external sales personnel as well as having individual sales responsibility themselves.
- Improving processes and supporting the planned growth of the business (maintaining and developing sales support systems).
- Responsible for managing, motivating and developing the internal sales team.
(Identifying training requirements /undertaking personal development reviews)
- Ensuring the performance of the team aligns with the overall company objectives.
- Proven managerial experience within a sales environment and overall good business acumen.
- Versatile, with the ability to switch between tasks while ensuring business objectives are met.
- The successful candidate will provide the highest possible customer service levels, communicating effectively with all departments.
- Experience of working within a technical sales background would be desirable but not essential.
- A good level of knowledge on the Microsoft Office suite of products, in particular Word and Excel, together with experience of Sage 200 would be advantageous.
Ambitious, proactive and reliable individual who is self-motivated and willing to learn.
Please send your CV, with a covering letter, to Sheila Webster at: Specialist Ducting Supplies Ltd, Craven House, Steeton Grove, Steeton, Keighley, BD20 6TT. Alternatively e-mail your application.